At Flowbird Ltd, we understand the importance of keeping personal information private and have updated this policy to comply with the May 2018 General Data Protection Regulations. Flowbird is committed to:
- Keeping your information safe and private
- Not selling your information
- Providing ways to manage and review marketing choices
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Where we collect personal information from
Information is collected from this website via cookies, enquiry forms, chat, requests to get notified and some pages where content is downloaded. Information may also be collected from telephone calls and email exchanges.
The information collected includes:
- Business email and telephone number
- Company name, address and job role
- Bank details
- Marketing preferences
- Consent options
- Products you have shown an interest in
- Pages visited
Things we have learnt from communications and continual improvements made
Transactional information e.g. estimates
This website is secure via a SSL Certificate to allow information provided to be encrypted, protecting it from interception by unintended recipients.
How we use your personal information
We use the information that we collect from you for legitimate reasons and, if purchasing products, for contractual reasons. The legitimate reasons are:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in
- To communicate and fulfil order requirements
- To review and improve our performance.
You will only be contacted or sent relevant marketing materials where consent has been given via the website or verbally e.g. through conversations at exhibitions, meetings and telephone calls. This consent can be withdrawn any time via opt-out buttons on email correspondence or through contacting us via our email address or telephone number at the bottom of the homepage.
Who we share your personal information with
We use third-party processors to store the data collected from this website and provide information on how visitors use the site. There is no automated decision making based upon the information collected.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business, to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Sending data outside the European Economic Area
Personal information is processed and stored outside the EEA, but only with an organisation that is part of a Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. A contractual agreement is also in place to ensure this does not impact your individual rights under the GDPR.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as consent is given for sending you information, or for as long as you are a customer. After consent is withdrawn or you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to eight years. This is so we can respond to any questions or complaints and show we treated you fairly.
Right to object
Rectifying, deleting and restricting
- You have the right to rectify information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• You have the right to be forgotten and have your personal information deleted from our records.
• We can restrict the use of your data so it is only used for certain things. You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if it is not accurate when considering whether objections to legitimate processing are valid, or if it is no longer relevant but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
How to get a copy of your personal information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you, free of charge. Please send any requests to and we will get back to you within 30 days.
You also have the right to data portability and to support this, your personal information can be provided in an Excel format.
Third party links
How to complain
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that, some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.